Forthcoming Talks

Just to alert you to three upcoming talks I'll be giving:
In August I am an invited speaker on the Queer Theology panel at the conference of the European Society of Women in Theological Research in Winchester. The theme of the conference is "Wrestling with God" and I'll be using queer theological methods to reflect on the story of Jacob wrestling a mysterious adversary at Peniel in Genesis 32.
Later that same month I'll be speaking at the Greenbelt Festival in Cheltenham. My title for this session is "'No Longer Male and Female'? Intersex Conditions and Theology Beyond Gender", and I'll be exploring how local church congregations can be more welcoming to people with intersex conditions and variant gender identities. Greenbelt is always an excellent experience and an inspiring gathering of people of faith who are concerned with peacemaking, social justice and living lightly on the earth. Tickets are available here.



Then, on 14th October, I will be giving the St Michael's Lecture at St Michael and All Angels, Mount Dinham, Exeter. Again, this will address intersex in the local church context.

I am currently hard at work on an exciting new project... Details to come in a later post!

Comments