The special issue of Modern Believing which I guest edited is now out as issue 58.4 on Variant Sex and Gender, Law and the Churches. As well as my editorial it contains four papers:
- Trans people and the Church of England: Disadvantage and microaggressions Rob Clucas
- A faith sector Equality Duty: How and why the Church could and should adopt the Public Sector Equality Duty to invigorate the rights of trans people in the UK Andrew Worthley
- Is law too sexy? Jonathan Herring
- ‘Like gender, organised religion is a complex matter’: The growing acceptance of transgender people in Protestant Christianity Duncan Dormor
- Versions of the first three of these were presented at our EXCEPT day workshop in 2014.